what is multi time frame indicator ?
Multi Time Frame indicator or MTF the shortcut name is to use another time frame to calculate the indicator equation output , for example indicator uses H4 chart data but shows the output on another time frame chart like H1 chart data .
Multi Time Frame indicators Disadvantages :
- most of MTF forex indicators are repaint that’s mean the current signal on the chart time frame will not confirmed and can disappear unless the main time frame candle ends .
- indicator signal is a little slow until shown because the indicator based on higher time frame .
- MTF indicators can fool you when you do a visual back test .
Multi Time Frame indicators advantages :
- you can use the higher time frame to make sure we follow the main chart trend and not going against the trend .
- of course the more higher time frame we use the less wrong signals we get .
- you can see more than time frame on the same chart .
some indicators uses MTF property :